Thursday, June 14, 2007

it's a long way to go, five days in a row


You may never have heard of Sheffield's Tiny Dancers but if their debut album "Free School Milk" is anything to go by, it won't be long.

They have supported both Richard Ashcroft and the Ghosts in recent tours which is how they crept under my radar. This and their second single "Hannah, We Know" which snuck into last weeks top 40.

It is almost impossible to define their sound. It's pop in its finest sense, I suppose, but a jangly guitar based great-pop-records sound.

Their singles "I Will Wait For You" and "Hannah, We Know" are standout tracks, but it's hard to find fault with anything contained on this beautifully breezy album. It has had excellent reviews almost across the board and well, well worth a punt if you are a fan of nicely crafted indie-pop music. Catch them live too if you can - the glitter on David Kay's face is worth the admission fee in itself.

An early afternoon slot on Sunday's Glastonbury line up is on the agenda if you want to know more. I'll certainly be at the John Peel Stage for that one, and long may this lot reign.

Great, great record.

1 Discussions:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may be your doppelganger...just ten years younger.

I LOVE tiny dancers and actually pretty much all the music that you do it seems...and all the films...I ma not a stalker I promise!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home