Thursday, March 22, 2007

flying the flag for you

After all the talk of Morrissey and Justin Hawkins, the UK have finally selected the song to represent us at this years Eurovision Song Contest.

And what have we gone for?

Some absolute cheese-laded Europop nonsense. I won't say I didn't vote for it (I did) and I don't think we have any chance (it's fab, but not a great record). It is, however, completely chock-full of double entendre, which I must gleefully applaud.

I love the fact that they look *way* too old to be pratting about in this way.

Come on Scooch!

2 Discussions:

Blogger Cat said...

When I worked in telly, I covered a big gig featuring a load of teeny pop acts, who I had to interview, including Atomic Kitten, Precious, Lolly and Northern Line. Scooch were on the go at the same time, so at the after party, my friends and I claimed we were Scooch and were bought champagne all night by people who knew no better.

Brilliant.

9:27 PM  
Blogger bedshaped said...

This song is so bad it might even win.

Throwaway lyrics, cringeworthy 'Carry On' phrases and some "bah bah badah's" means it's choc full of hooks.
Scooch were always viewed as the poor version of Steps (if ever there could have been such a thing), but fair play to them for having a go at this.

cat,
Any connection between the fact you interviewed all those bands, who now all appear to be defunkt?

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home