Monday, December 11, 2006

We don't need no education.

Ok, so in the not so distant past, we had Meck having a huge hit with "Thunder in my heart", sampling gool old Leo Sayer, then we had Supermodes' revamp of "Tell me why" and there's been countless others that do nothing much more than to put a dance beat behind a well know song.
It's not a remix, it tries to pass itself off as a remix, but it fails. It's not a re-recording, it even puts the words "cover version" to shame.

Not so long ago, I had a program loaded on my PC called Dance Ejay. It's a dance/remixing package that's pretty easy to use. Now, I'm not being a swell head here, far from it, but I could have done just as good a job, if not better on that program, of all these frequently erupting, so called remixes.

The latest evidence....
I give you Eric Pridz vs Pink Floyd - "Proper Education".

I'm not a big fan of The Floyd anyway, but this....this is just awful. The only thing comes close to saving it, is that phat synth bassline.

Other opinions?

1 Discussions:

Blogger Delboys Daughter said...

It's a classic!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home